Learn Quality Professional Sport Kickboxing Lessons Without Getting Bored…
“Every PKA-Kickboxing Class is Another Step Towards a Stronger Fitter, More Confident You”
– Mike Haig, PKA-Kickboxing Principal
Since 1974 when the PKA unveiled modern Kickboxing into the world, Kickboxing has evolved into its own unique martial art. A defined martial art, not a cardio kickboxing something or other—the real deal.
Just as the founders laid down in the past, safety is paramount but the skills and training are genuine. Give yourself the best sport kickboxing training around.
Here are just some of the enormous benefits you will enjoy with the latest PKA-Kickboxing class training:
- Overwhelmingly Increased Fitness Levels: Kickboxing involves the whole body; both heart, lungs and muscles—your body gets a complete workout saving you time and makes you fitter quicker.
- Wickedly Effective Self Defence: Kickboxing is a uncomplicated martial art; this is good because you don’t have to have been training for years to put effective kickboxing self-defence to work.
- Definite Weight Loss: Because you are constantly moving around in our kickboxing classes a lot of calories are burned up, typically around 510 kcals a session. Even if you eat as normal you will lose weight by coming to regular classes.
- Something Different: Most definitely! How many of your friends and family can say they’re a kickboxer!
- Increased Self Confidence: The combination of learning new skills; techniques to protect yourself and your loved ones; meeting new people and being positively motivated all increases your confidence tremendously.
- Enhanced Sense of Well Being and Security: The huge boost you’ll get in confidence combined with a real sense of worth will make you a better person—at home, at work, with your family and your relationships.
- General Improved Health: Our unique kickboxing classes teach you real kickboxing and concentrate on improving your fitness; this results in you actually looking healthier and feeling healthier.
- Improved Flexibility: We use as many different types of proven stretching methods available so you become more flexible quicker, safer and more enjoyably than normal.
- Structured Training: Each PKA-Kickboxing class is highly structured; scientifically sound warm-ups, highly motivating and progressive main sessions and then essential cool-downs—all making your class a brilliant place to learn and for you to see real progress.
- Stress Relief: Nothing beats punching or kicking your day-to-day frustrations out on a punch bag or kick shield! Even just time out of the house or your own ‘me’ time is hugely beneficial to your life.
- Safe Yet Effective Training Practises: Safe exercises, safe use of equipment, safe training practises—we want you to have the best possible kickboxing experience and your safety is put first.
- Experienced DBS Checked Instructors: All our instructors are full Black Belts, enhanced DBS checked for working with children, have first aid qualifications, have insurance, use only quality equipment—but most importantly they are experienced. All have several years of kickboxing knowledge, have undergone strict training guidelines and are very professional in their approach.
“I’ve been training with PKA-Kickboxing for nearly 5 years now. One of the main reasons I joined was to improve my confidence… only after a short time I was already feeling more sure of myself. Now I can talk to people much better and… I know I can defend myself if anyone gives me trouble… The whole thing has given me a great sense of achievement and reward. It’s a big part of my life now. I’ve never got bored as on top of the already great classes… courses and special training days are always available… I am extremely proud that I am involved in such a brilliant organisation.”
Several PKA-Kickboxing Instructors have appeared on the front cover of the UK’s leading martial arts magazine ‘Combat’, showing the excellence we strive for:
PKA-Kickboxing is available to everyone – men, women and children… all classes are run safely, with structure and by some of the best kickboxing instructors in the industry.
PKA-Kickboxing is one of the safest of all martial arts for several reasons. All classes are well designed and supervised. Protective equipment is compulsory. Sparring is optional. You are not forced to fight if you don’t want to (unlike so many other martial arts). Most students do not want to spar in class or in competitions… but for those that do we have dedicated sessions just for sparring.
So, if sparring is not compulsory, then how do you ever put theory into practice?
A Unique Approach…
PKA-Kickboxing is proud to have a unique syllabus. Instead of just learning kickboxing movements into thin air or even just punching pads or bags (which we do anyway) we have ‘Technical Sets’… these are:
Specific combinations of Kickboxing movements which are put together and performed with a fellow student. They are a very natural and fluid way of learning… through repetition good skills will come quickly and easily to you.
Your Instructor will give you a thorough understanding of Kickboxing basics over the first few months. As your skills improve, more combinations and techniques will be shown to you. All the time your fitness, flexibility and confidence will be improving.
Mrs Helen Clarence,
“I’m so glad I started doing kickboxing with the PKA at Clifton. I’ve been to many different types of martial arts classes; this one is definitely the best. I wanted to get fit and learn real self defence without either getting punched and kicked the hell out of by another student; or me having to fight someone in class who didn’t want to be sparring. The guys at the PKA have got just the right balance between learning real kickboxing, getting fit and really enjoying yourself. I can’t recommend them enough.”